By Michael Chibnik
Read or Download Anthropology, Economics, and Choice PDF
Similar anthropology books
Targeted neighborhood differences of the perform of validated religions in Asia and the Pacific are juxtaposed with the emergence of recent non secular events whose prevalence is turning out to be around the region. In Flows of religion, the contributing authors take as their place to begin questions of ways religions occur outdoor their cultural barriers and supply the foundation for brand spanking new social identities, political routine and social modifications.
Wissenschaftlicher Aufsatz aus dem Jahr 2012 im Fachbereich Kulturwissenschaften - Sonstiges, , Veranstaltung: Kulturanthropologie, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In den Hochburgen des Karnevals weltweit ist die Fastnacht mit ihren diversen kulturellen Ausprägungen ein lebenbestimmendes Ritual, das nicht nur den Klimax der Umzüge und Prunkveranstaltungen bestimmt, sondern auf das das ganze Jahr hindurch mit der Regelmäßigkeit des Rituellen hingearbeitet wird.
Define of a thought of perform is well-known as a tremendous theoretical textual content at the foundations of anthropology and sociology. Pierre Bourdieu, a uncommon French anthropologist, develops a conception of perform that is at the same time a critique of the tools and postures of social technology and a common account of ways human motion could be understood.
In How improvement tasks Persist Erin Beck examines microfinance NGOs operating in Guatemala and problematizes the authorised knowledge of ways NGOs functionality. Drawing on twenty months of ethnographic fieldwork, she exhibits how improvement versions and plans turn into entangled within the relationships between neighborhood actors in ways in which regulate what they're, how they're valued, and the stipulations in their endurance.
- A Host of Devils: The History and Context of the Making of Makonde Spirit Sculpture (Studies in Visual Culture)
- Blood Libel: The Ritual Murder Accusation at the Limit of Jewish History
- Recollecting: Lives of Aboriginal Women of the Canadian Northwest and Borderlands (The West Unbound: Social and Cultural Studies)
- Criminal Justice and Neoliberalism
- Slavery in the Twentieth Century: The Evolution of a Global Problem
- An Economic Inquiry into the Nonlinear Behaviors of Nations: Dynamic Developments and the Origins of Civilizations
Additional resources for Anthropology, Economics, and Choice