By Dinah L. Moché
For a iteration, Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide has brought thousands of readers around the globe to the evening sky. Now this vintage beginner's advisor has been thoroughly revised to deliver it modern with the newest discoveries.
Updated with the newest, such a lot actual details and greater than a hundred new pics and pictures, this 7th version features:
- Web web site addresses all through for the simplest colour pictures and astronomy assets online
- Technical principles made basic with out mathematics
- A attractive new full-color, smooth insert with astounding astro-images
- An interactive layout with studying objectives, studies, self-tests, and solutions for quick learning
- Five rookies' celebrity and Moon maps for enjoyable stargazing
Dinah L. Moché, Ph.D., is Professor of Physics and Astronomy on the urban collage of latest York. An award-winning writer and lecturer, her books have bought over ten million copies in seven languages.
Read or Download Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide, Seventh Edition (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides) PDF
Similar astronomy books
Astronomy intensive fills the necessity for a textbook that covers pre-university point Astronomy classes (in the united kingdom, the GCSE syllabuses) and gives numerical examples to assist scholars. it's also written as a major origin in Astronomy for amateurs who are looking to take a extra precise method than are available within the bulk of introductory astronomy books.
Whilst Mike Inglis, who consults for Springer, ? rst requested me to put in writing a Caldwell publication of their “and the best way to discover Them” sequence I admit I did want it slow to imagine the advice over. i'm keen on Patrick’s Caldwell catalog as are lots of the novice astronomers i do know, yet may possibly a brand new publication be justi?
Necessarily, there are occasions in a nation’s historical past whilst its hopes, fears and conﬁdence in its personal future seem to hinge at the destiny of a unmarried individual. this type of pivotal moments happened at the early morning of could five, 1961, whilst a 37-year-old try out pilot squeezed himself into the conﬁnes of the tiny Mercury spacecraft that he had named Freedom 7.
This assortment brings jointly a few top figures in Gestalt training to take inventory of the sphere and look at the way it could movement ahead. It covers the foundations of Gestalt training and encourages practitioners to reconsider the applying of Gestalt in new methods and new settings – e. g. management, administration and workforce improvement.
- Interstellar Molecules: Their Laboratory and Interstellar Habitat (Springer Tracts in Modern Physics)
- The Rise of Radio Astronomy in the Netherlands: The People and the Politics (Historical & Cultural Astronomy)
- The Florida Night Sky: A Guide to Observing from Dusk Till Dawn
- Destiny or Chance Revisited
Extra info for Astronomy: A Self-Teaching Guide, Seventh Edition (Wiley Self-Teaching Guides)